What’s the Difference Between Used & Certified Pre-Owned?
For North Richland Hills drivers choosing between a CPO vs. used vehicle, there are several important differences. Both categories are considered “used” vehicles but certified pre-owned cars, trucks, and SUVs experience a much more rigorous inspection regimen to qualify for sale. They are a popular choice for Keller drivers who don’t wish to incur the extra expense of buying new but still want the advantages that certified pre-owned vehicles provide. Learn more before exploring our used inventory in person!
Buying a Used Vehicle
Used vehicles are generally priced lower than their new counterparts because of the older model year, odometer mileage, and previous multiple owners. However, a used vehicle that has high mileage, if well maintained, can still offer thousands of miles of trouble-free driving. When considering buying used, remember that there are several affordable options available, including lower priced cars, trucks and SUVs that still have many miles left to give the new owner. When looking at a used vehicle, you should:
- Closely inspect interior and exterior condition. Make a note of any damage or items that need attention or repair before you buy
- Open the hood and listen to the engine while it is running. Pay attention to strange noises and ask questions as to what they indicate
- When used vehicles are properly maintained, it is not unreasonable to expect them to last for up to 200,000 miles
Buying a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle
Certified pre-owned vehicles are inspected throughout and must meet or beat certain criteria before being verified for sale. The most common requirements are::
- The vehicle must not be older than 5 years from the most recent model year
- Typically odometer mileage must not exceed 80,000 miles although if the vehicle has been meticulously maintained, a mileage of 100,000 could be accepted
- Multi-point inspections must be satisfied
- Certified pre-owned vehicles carry extended and limited powertrain warranties
CPO models generally display a lower mileage which means they are sold at a higher price than the used models while still retaining affordability over a new model. Buying certified pre-owned in Haslet also means your purchase will have more recent technology and safety features. Browse our inventory to find the one that’s right for you.
Why Buy CPO vs. Used From Allen Samuels Direct Fort Worth?
The choices we offer in our certified pre-owned or used vehicle inventory are second to none and when you couple that with the excellent financing options that you have available, you’ll be glad you made the choice you did! Are you unsure about buying a car with high mileage? Read our guide on good mileage for a used vehicle to see what you should look out for when buying a used car.
The minute you’ve made the choice between buying CPO vs. used and have found a car, truck, or SUV that fits your lifestyle and driving needs best, contact us so we can arrange a test drive and we’ll make sure you’re well on the way to driving home in your new purchase.